Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the essential tasks of each day

As I was changing Owen's diaper a bit ago, tickling him and enjoying his baby teeth and giggle, surrounded by a seeming explosion of toys and laundry and crumbs on the floor, I thought, This is it.  This is what matters.  Drying this little bum and making this tiny face smile.  Squeeze as much love into every single day, that's what I want to do.

It's a new year, and I do want to have a cleaner house than I did last year.  I want to do more photography work.  I want to write more.  I want to visit relatives more.  But mostly, I want to shower love more; I want to be present with my babies more; I want to drink them up even more than before.

What are the essential daily tasks, the ones that cannot be saved for tomorrow?

kissing chubby cheeks
blowing raspberries on round soft bellies
feeding little mouths
whispering 'i love you's
teaching love
praying for entrusted souls
squeezing tiny bodies
tickling tiny toes
laughing and smiling and
thanking God.

That's my New Year's resolution.


2 comments:

  1. Love this. I think those are GREAT new year's resolutions! You're a great Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone likes comments. Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...