Monday, April 18, 2011

Today

This morning Bob and I went exploring outside.  I didn't take my camera out, but little things happened that I wanted to remember...

We played t-ball.  One of Bob's obsessions, along with golf.  He wants to be outside all day long hitting balls.  And it's still pretty darn chilly here.  Which might explain the little cold he seems to be getting.

Gramps ("Pop-Pop") and Ben each took Bob for rides on the tractor -- his other favorite thing.  He waved to me the entire way around.

Bobby saw a birdhouse on a post by the road and thought it was a clock.  We went for a closer look.  Then he noticed the 10-foot drop down to the road -- covered in sharp and pokey deadish looking shrubbery that I could only describe as a brier patch -- and he thought it looked perfect for a slide.  I had to grab the boy up to stop him from throwing himself to his demise.

I carried him away screaming, trying to assuage his tears by insisting that we'd search the barns for a metal sign we could use as a slide.  We checked everywhere but didn't find one.  We settled on a wagon ride.

When we circled back to the barn, the chickens and Bailey were eating some old soggy hamburger buns laying out in the grass.  At first Bob called to them, "Chew, chew, chew!"  But then he wanted some sooo bad.  He kept saying, "Eat bread?  Pease!  Chick eat.  Dog eat.  Bread pease!" and doing the "super please" as we call it -- Bob's super exaggerated two-handed "please" sign.  So again I dragged him away promising him some bread inside.  Turned out he wasn't even that hungry; he just wanted to partake with the animals I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This afternoon after a much-too-short nap I gave Bobby his first haircut.  I postponed as long as I could, but I figured now was the time to lose the Albert Einstein do, no matter how appropriate it may be for a boy with bob's IQ.

Here are some pre-haircut shots from the past few days...






That last one has to be enough to convince you that Bob needed a haircut, right?

Here he is at the very very beginning, before Ben had to hold him still and he started screaming bloody murder.


This is the best shot I have so far of the new do.  It's the best one pretty much only because it doesn't really show the back and sides at all.  Poor Bob.  I'm sure by tomorrow it'll grow in some and look awesome though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone likes comments. Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...