Wednesday, June 20, 2012

the rest of last weekend {back in beverly}

It was wonderful to be back in our old stomping grounds, if only for 24 hours.  It was almost like we had friends again.

It's hard to make new friends once you're a grown up, isn't it?  Particularly when you don't have a job.  I think I'm basically a very friendly person, but I have trouble being friends.

Desperation broke me and I befriended someone recently -- my kids' pediatrician, actually.  Is that the weirdest thing ever?  I pretty much think so.  That's why it took ALL of my courage to pop the question: "So, would you want to hang out sometime?"  Turns out, I wasn't just imagining the friend vibe I was getting after all, and she wasn't just scared like me -- apparently it's against pediatrician code to initiate socialization with patients or something.  Oh, and also she has a son Bobby's age, so... it was for bob's sake, too, not just mine.  Less weird?  Maybe...

Anyway.  All irrelevant to my point, which was to share the rest of my North Shore pics -- the Beverly portion.

We hit up the park we used to take Bob to when he was a baby...



Here he was way back when...


And we took a family photo in the spot where my water broke on the day Bobby was born...

(*just*) before kids:


and now:


And we hung out with Yuggi and Erica and Leo and Zoba for a bit.  I wanted to take a picture of all the guys but Bob wasn't having it...


(poor owen was sleeping soundly until leo licked him in the face; here it looks like zoba and yuggi actually encouraged the licking but i don't think that was the case)







Parts of our trip not pictured: lunch and soccer game with the Walters family, and late night basketball watching with a couple of Groton guys and big dogs, while Bob played "Where is the ball?  Surprise -- it's in the closet!" for two hours straight.

Little sleeping pups on the drive home Sunday afternoon...





Precious, precious tiny people.  I love them so.

1 comment:

  1. I love your 'then' and 'now' pictures on the steps! So precious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone likes comments. Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...