Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Harvest Fest at Berkshire Botanical Gardens

We went to Harvest Fest at Berkshire Botanical Gardens this weekend.  It was awesome!  Food, music, lots of activities for kids, beautiful gardens, a craft fair and tag sale...  Bobby loved the mini golf, the monster photo booth, the hay maze, the obstacle course, the petting zoo, and the horseback riding helmet (he chickened out on the actual horseback riding).  Plus he scored a few great items at the tag sale (and so did I).  Poor Owie just got carted around in the Ergo and the stroller most of the day -- but we did take a nice break listening to a band while Bob golfed.  Owie loves music and just claps away when he hears it.

I meant to post this last night -- just a few hours worth of photos, can't be that many, I can handle it.  Or so I thought.  Whoopsie, here come a lot of pictures.  More than necessary.


Bubbs may not seem excited in the picture above; that's because I was forcing him to have his photo taken.  He's a little obsessed with sculls and skeletons and ghosts and monsters (seriously I don't know where this comes from -- I really don't think it's a reflection on our parenting) so all day he wanted to keep coming back to the monster photo booth.


Pup gets very into mini golf.  I made the mistake of telling him ahead of time that there would be golfing, and that was all he could focus on until he had his fix.  He used to be quite the little athlete when he was younger... then he developed this independent self who absolutely must do everything his own way... even if his own was is far less effective.  Case in point: Pup's putting style.


While Dad and Bob golfed, Owie and I enjoyed this little bluegrass duo.  And I fell madly in love with this awesome little boy who danced and played his guitar to the music the entire time.  Only once did he break from his accompaniment; he ran to his dad, put down his guitar, danced like crazy in a way he couldn't while holding his instrument, then picked it back up and resumed his strumming.  Plus his outfit?  Too stinkin cute.


Meditative music was playing inside this little swing house...



A mini photo shoot for Owie...


And, okay, I know this is ridiculous, but I had to post the whole series... we had been waiting in line for a horseback ride, Owie stuck in the Ergo, Bob trying to be patient.  He spotted the cow but didn't want to ride it without a helmet, so like a mature little child he went and asked the lady at the table, "Can I please wear one of your helmets?"  I let Owie crawl free for a bit -- a kindly stranger held our place in line -- and he was SO happy to pet the cow.


Obstacle course...



Hay maze...



And petting zoo...


It was a really fun day of getting excited about fall.  I sorta feel like I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone likes comments. Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...