Thursday, May 20, 2010

Learning and playing and me going overboard

It's so much fun to watch Bobby learning and interacting more and more.  He is turning into a real little person.



Earlier Bobby sat next to me on the couch with his back toward me, climbing on my "business tote" and playing with its straps.  Once every minute or so he would pause what he was doing and look back at me over his shoulder with a very serious expression.  I would look down at him and say something mom-like, such as "Bobby is such a big boy!" or "You are so special," or "Look at mommy's little climber," and Bob's tiny face would light up with a huge smile, and then he would turn away shyly as if to say "oh, mom," returning to his play.  I think he's really beginning to figure out how much I love him.



Bob can roll over every which way to go after his toys now, but he still sometimes forgets he is capable of this.



He loves stuffed animals.  He gazes right into their faces and talks to them.  He chews on and wrestles them.  I call them his "buddies."



Bobby's little sponge brain is learning so much, you can watch it on his face.  Reminds me of a quote I saw on a greeting card once:  "Show me a day when the world wasn't new."



So now I've finished "blogging" for tonight (well I was finished), and it's almost midnight, and my husband is asleep on the couch across from me, and my son will probably be waking to eat in about a half hour, and... I think to myself as I wash some dishes in the kitchen while my final photos upload, "Ang, seriously what are you thinking?  Why aren't you in bed?  Why the heck are you wasting so much time photo-journaling?"  (Photo-journaling: that's what I like to call it to myself.)  And yet here I am wasting even more time on this to say...

One small part of my desire to commit to the boblog is to keep Bobby's hundreds of grandmothers and great-grandmothers and great-great-grandmothers and everyone else in the loop of his life, because we don't get to see any of them as much as we want to.  But I have to admit, it isn't mostly for you, grandmothers, or whoever else may be reading this.  I want to commit to boblogging because I want to remember.  I want to preserve the little details and the way that I felt.  I have a strong sense that this time of life is the most precious there is, and I want to hold on to it with all my might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone likes comments. Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...