Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas recap in photos

Sometimes I put off writing these recap posts for too long.  Christmas already feels like forever ago, and there are is a whole week of photos to go through, and honestly I don't feel up to the task.  But I don't want to skip a chapter in this super interesting life of ours, so here goes...

Every night in December we read from our advent calendar (the very same one my brothers and I read from when we were kids).

When we set up the Christmas tree Bob found this pot with lid that filled him with pure delight.  I called it his Christmas pot because it was only due to the Christmas spirit that I let him play with it so much.

Bobbert loves the Christmas tree, as I'm sure most little ones do.

Here's Bob in the back during the first leg of our Christmas journey, from NY to visit Ben's family in CT...

Grandma Arpie gave him this cute little Christmas scene...

This lasted for about 20 seconds before Bob started smashing the blocks on the glass coffee table:

Bobby had tons of fun climbing up and especially sliding down the dogs' ramp up to Ben's mom's bed.


Of course he has to check out the reading materials available...

Archie (the dachshund) would not leave Bob alone -- constantly licking his fish breath all over Bob's face.  So, the dogs got locked on the sun porch for a bit.  Bob tried to bust them out.

Bob discovered that he could pull this vent out, and thus I ended up sitting on it for much of his remaining awake time.

HUGE ball = dream come true.

Lemme back at that dog ramp:

Apparently someone doesn't allow photos while he plays ants in the pants...

Bob started whining during breakfast, so we locked him on the sunporch...

Apple break:

On Christmas Eve eve (aka the 23rd), Ben's stepdad treated us to a fancy dinner out.  Bob loves eating in restaurants because I always forget to bring him a cup, and therefore he gets to drink from a glass...

Bob thinks his "person wearing hat" impression is hilarious:

Bob, Ben, Grandma, and Uncle Matt on Christmas Eve just before we hit the road for part two...

Next we made a stop at Tiny Gram and Grandpa Sonny's (my dad's parents).  Here's Bob opening some presents...

Having a snack and checking out some infrequently seen second cousins...


Here's my Uncle Steven and his family...

Aunt Tricia and Tiny Gram posing for a photo which they know will appear here... Those two love making fun of my blog, but they also love reading it.

Here's Grandpa Sonny looking a little grumpy, probably because Grandma gave him a hard time about something...

Aunt Tricia and her middle son:

The end of our visit was seriously encroaching on Bob's afternoon nap, so we let him indulge in a little bit of very rare awake sucker time.

And then we hit the road again, the Jeep starting to fill with presents!

Here's Bobby sleeping on Christmas Day just after midnight (Ben and I really don't even care about presents because we've got this little guy):

Grandmother sneaking some turkey (I suppose she's entitled since she cooked it)...

Opening presents from Grandmother on Christmas...

My camera totally missed all the hoopla of dinner and kids opening presents and all that, but eventually I remembered that I should take more pictures...

Quick family Christmas photo outside:

Christmas afternoon was pretty relaxed.

Chloe played computer games...

Mason and Christian played Mason's new battling tops game...

... and Ben and Dave did too...

...while PJ changed Baby Alive's diaper.

A few posed shots before everyone but us headed out for the evening...

Gram (that's my great-grandmother) can't be home alone nowadays, so when we go to the Berkshires we stay and watch over her so that my mom and Big Gram can have a break.  Here are some pics from the rest of our weekend with Gram...





We got to see Big Gram for a little while during the changing of the guard:

It snowed like crazy the night before we left town...




Never thought we'd have less snow when we returned home to NY aka Antarctica, but there was hardly any here.  (Not so now.)

The next day (this was the 28th) we had a little fake Christmas morning with just our family at home.  Bob's cardboard house was revealed along with a few other gifts...



Ben had already given me my present (neither of us could wait; I'll tell you about it later), but I insisted on wrapping up the boots he had chosen for himself...

He was so surprised when he saw what was inside his package!

 Also, since we're kinda sorta broke and I couldn't afford to buy him anything else, I made him this wicked awesome "coupon book."  I'll just leave the contents up to your imagination.


While Bob took his afternoon nap Ben and I tested out the snowshoes my mom got us for Christmas.    Super fun.

Here's Bob with one of his other gifts; he totally impressed us with his baby baseball skills.  LLWS, here we come.

I still want to show you a few of my favorite gifts, but for tonight, I'm spent.  And you're probably gone by now anyway.  For good reason.

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone likes comments. Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...